Fruit and Nut Bailleys Cookies
If you love coffee , you would love these cookies. These are overloaded with nuts . Feel free to use nuts of your choice. I have used cranberry ,you can use raisins instead.
The whiff of Baileys towards the end takes these cookies to another level.
These are mildly sweet but I think I can reduce the sugar further by 25 gms.
Ingredients Oats 1 cup Whole wheat flour 1 cup Baking soda 1 tsp Flaxseed meal 1 tbsp Water 3 tbsp Baileys 2 tbsp Coffee powder 1 tbsp Sugar 100 gms Butter 1/2 cup Cashewnuts 1/4 cup Walnuts 1/4 cup Pistachio 1/4 cup Pumpkin seeds 1/4 cup Cranberry 1/4 cup
1. Mix flaxseed meal with water and keep it aside.
2. Take oats, whole wheat flour, baking soda, coffee powder in a food processor bowl. Give it a quick mix.
3. Chop the nuts and cranberry into small pieces.
4. Beat the butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
5. Now add the flaxseed mixture. Mix well.
6. Add in the baileys. Mix well.
7. Now add the flour mix in batches. Keep beating on speed 1.
8. Add in all the nuts, seeds and dry fruits before you add in the last portion of flour.
9. If the dough seems dry , add a tbsp of water.
Mix everything well and keep it in the fridge for atleast half an hour.
10. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius.
11. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Take 30 gms of dough, flatten it and place it on the cookie sheet.
12. Similarly use up the entire dough. Keep a distance of 2" between the cookies.
13. Bake them for 12-15 minutes, till the edges turn golden.
14. If you prefer harder cookies bake them for a couple of minutes extra.
15. Remove them on a wire rack. Let them cool completely before you store them in an air tight container.
16. Enjoy them with a cup of coffee or tea.