Fruit and Nut Bailleys Cookies
First Published on Sep 3, 2017, Edited the recipe on 1st April 2021
If you love coffee , you would love these cookies. These are overloaded with nuts . Feel free to use nuts of your choice. I have used cranberry ,you can use raisins instead.
The whiff of Baileys towards the end takes these crispy cookies to another level.
You can use fruits and nuts of your choice.
Ingredients Oats meal 1 cup Whole wheat flour 1 cup Baking soda 1/2 tsp
Baking powder 1/2 tsp Flaxseed meal 1 tbsp Water 3 tbsp Baileys 2 tbsp Coffee powder 1 tbsp Raw Sugar 100 gms Butter 113 gms Cashew-nuts 1/4 cup Walnuts 1/4 cup Almonds 1/4 cup Pumpkin seeds 1/4 cup Cranberry 1/4 cup
1. Mix flaxseed meal with water and keep it aside.
2. Sieve oats meal, whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder and coffee powder
3. Chop the nuts and cranberry into small pieces.
4. Beat the butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
5. Now add the flaxseed mixture. Mix well.
6. Add in the baileys. Mix well.
7. Now add the flour mix in batches. Mix lightly
8. Add in all the nuts, seeds and dry fruits.
9. If the dough seems dry , add a tbsp of water.
10. Bring the dough together, do not knead. Let the dough rest for 30 minutes
11. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees celsius.
12. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Take 25 gms of dough, flatten it and place it on the cookie sheet.
13. Keep them in the Fridge for 30 minutes
14. Similarly use up the entire dough. Keep a distance of 2" between the cookies.
15. Bake them for 25-30 minutes.
16.Let them rest on the baking tray for 10 minutes.
17. Remove them on a wire rack. Let them cool completely before you store them in an air tight container.
18. Enjoy them with a cup of coffee or tea.
Note: Each oven behaves differently, so keep an eye on the cookies, after 20 minutes. Baking time will also depend on the thickness of the cookies.